Monday, December 16, 2013

Boner Island



I went to Bowen Island this year, sadly it poured rain the entire time I was there. I also didnt see any of these trails at all...

With winter conditions like this, who would ever miss summer? Jay Boysen shreds up the trails of Bowen Island, BC.An "Arctic Outflow Warning" was recently issued for coastal British Columbia. Which coincidentally left sunny skies over Howe Sound for a few days, giving ample opportunity to catch the ferry to Bowen Island and shoot some dry and dusty trails.
This is not the first time I've met Jay at the ferry and proceeded to spend a day in the woods, but I had not experienced Bowen in such frigid conditions. Jay took us to some new zones he had spent time building over the last year. The hard work he puts into the trails he builds shows, and being an avid cyclist myself it was hard standing on the sidelines of the action. At least I had long time friend and photographer Keegan Pearson along for the chilly day ahead.
Filmed & Edited by: Dexter Robson ( dexterrobson.ca )
Photography by: Keegan Pearson
For more, check out our website @ faultline.tv or "like" us on Facebook @ facebook.com/faultline.tv